Register    Login    Search    FAQ
   Calendar

Board index » Machinecraft » Machinecraft

Post subject: More mods and different configuration
 Post Posted: Tue 19. Feb 2013, 10:18 

Considering we might be getting reset, I was thinking if it would be possible to add more mods on top off Mindcrack or changing configuration to make things more challenging. I would like opinion of mods and other users on this.

Mods I would like added:
Logistic pipes - I kind of don't like how RP tubes work and BC pipes aren't much powerful. This adds advanced pipes to allow easier management, distribution and crafting of items. It is configurable how much energy the system takes. So you can make it really power-hungry.

Configurations I would like considered:
Change gem (ruby, sapphire, green sapphire) from RP to GregTech. I like that you need to go to different biome to get different gems. And it would make getting high-end gregtech items little bit harder.

Disable tesseracts. This might be controversial. But I think any kind of teleportation makes stuff too easy. And makes lots of other things obsolete. I would really like to see railcraft used for long-distance transport instead of easy-to-use-zero-maitenance teleportation solutions.

Reduce/normalise energy from different fuels. As I said in my post here I don't like how different fuels have completely different ratios of power for different mods. IMO this should be normalised so fuels have same ratios.
Also, I would like to see some fuels reduce in amount of power/heat it generates. Biofuel and fuel/diesel are main contenders for nerf.
I believe this can all be changed in configuration.

Post subject:
  Posted: Tue 19. Feb 2013, 10:18 

Post subject: Re: More mods and different configuration
 Post Posted: Tue 19. Feb 2013, 16:15 

Your idea is pretty okay, Silize will tell you later what of those is possible and what is not

Post Posted: Tue 19. Feb 2013, 16:25 

Bring it on female dogs!

Post Posted: Tue 19. Feb 2013, 20:17 

I would love logistic pipes, but they are only for ssp :p I don't really see the point in the gem configuration, but that doesn't botther me to much :)

Post Posted: Tue 19. Feb 2013, 20:45 

Logistic pipes work just fine in SMP. I played it with Tekkit Lite.

As for ore generation, using Custom Ore Generation woud be awesome. Veins make automatic mining much harder and manual much more rewarding. But effort in configuring it right would probably be quite high.

Post Posted: Tue 19. Feb 2013, 22:36 

u got a ton of good ideas but not all are viable for example
the fuel values cant be doen unless u decompile a mod addept it and send it to all clients wich is just not doable.

the gem generation u have to take into account that noone is allowed to mess with eloraams code. wich means u woud have to disable redpower gems completely cus theres no ore dictionary for them with gregtech gems wich would lead to no rp mining tools and no sonic screwdrivers able to be created.

this is btw also the reason in the first place why the rp gems drop instead of the gregtech ones
eloraam is not operating under a openGL licence wich just means if u screw with the code u can get sued.

the best thing gregorius coud do was this but if u coud find a way around this maybe adding it into the forge lexicon manualy by item id instead of making em different it coud be possible not sure tho.

for the tesseracts great idea but also not the complete story what do you do about enderchests ?
if u disable the enderstorage mod the vannila enderchest wil still be craftable and u cant disable that
without a recipe remover mod.

now the next point is disabling tesseracts and enderchest coud also lead to lag since people will make pipelines use myst portals with railcraft portalgun portals etc all of them wich wil cause more lag then a tesseract.
however u can change the amount of energy a energy tesseract loses in transportation to a bigger amount its 25% by default.

i never played with logistic pipes but if u think about the times it has to check chest inventorys and others i think it might be a burden on the ram i dont know this for sure but a big sorting system with these coud cause lag since if u got the itemsink modules it wil check each inventory until it finds one it can go in wich can take some checking if u got a huge factory for example.

i also know of bugs with this wich can randomly crash u if ur sorting system with em gets to big.

also redpower tubes are quite powerful with the new managers if u use em well.

i realy hope u dont take this personaly i like the ideas but some are just not viable from my point of view.

going on i would like to ask if the itemsearch mod gets added.
its a mod wich allows u to search nearby inventories for a specific item.
its realy small and a person can join the server without this mod installed altru he cant use the command obviously.
this is very useful when just starting out or when u got a massive base and got no idea where
for example ur wool went u do /search wool and it wil show a marker above the chest with the wool in it.
it has a default radius of 16 blocks to tamper any usage of for example pvp servers or dungeon finding with this.

(i coud change the radius in the code if u want me to since its open GL)

u can clear markers by doing /cs (ClearSearch)
its not realy a gameplay mod just a utility mod like nei to help u find ur stuff.
a link to the mod http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1684970-147forgesmp-itemsearch-search-nearby-inventories-in-the-world/#entry20856604

Post Posted: Tue 19. Feb 2013, 23:31 

ralphgod3 wrote:
u got a ton of good ideas but not all are viable for example
the fuel values cant be doen unless u decompile a mod addept it and send it to all clients wich is just not doable.

Ok, Gregorious said it is changable in config. I just checked them and there is nothing there. This might be mistake on my side. I thought it would be simpler change.

ralphgod3 wrote:
the gem generation u have to take into account that noone is allowed to mess with eloraams code. wich means u woud have to disable redpower gems completely cus theres no ore dictionary for them with gregtech gems wich would lead to no rp mining tools and no sonic screwdrivers able to be created.

this is btw also the reason in the first place why the rp gems drop instead of the gregtech ones
eloraam is not operating under a openGL licence wich just means if u screw with the code u can get sued.

the best thing gregorius coud do was this but if u coud find a way around this maybe adding it into the forge lexicon manualy by item id instead of making em different it coud be possible not sure tho.

By changing ore generation, you are not doing anything with eloraam's code. You are only changing core minecraft code. Also, there is default config for RP2 gems and ores in COG wiki. So that shouldn't be a problem. And GregTech even says on his wiki to change this using COG.
You are right with dictionary problem. But I could perfectly live without gem-tools (which seem quite useless to me) and I never ever used the sonic screwdriver.

ralphgod3 wrote:
for the tesseracts great idea but also not the complete story what do you do about enderchests ?
if u disable the enderstorage mod the vannila enderchest wil still be craftable and u cant disable that
without a recipe remover mod.

Yes, I forgot to mention the enderchests. I meant it under the "all teleportation". And recipe remover shouldn't be such a big deal, so I thought it would be implicit.

ralphgod3 wrote:
now the next point is disabling tesseracts and enderchest coud also lead to lag since people will make pipelines use myst portals with railcraft portalgun portals etc all of them wich wil cause more lag then a tesseract.
however u can change the amount of energy a energy tesseract loses in transportation to a bigger amount its 25% by default.

You are right. And again, all teleportation mods/items should be taken with reserve. And I don't even understand what does toy mod like Portal Gun do in modpack like Mindcrack. This really seems there is serious limitation here with performance. I would love to use the huge world MC offers, but It seems like it is not possible in SMP.

ralphgod3 wrote:
i never played with logistic pipes but if u think about the times it has to check chest inventorys and others i think it might be a burden on the ram i dont know this for sure but a big sorting system with these coud cause lag since if u got the itemsink modules it wil check each inventory until it finds one it can go in wich can take some checking if u got a huge factory for example.

i also know of bugs with this wich can randomly crash u if ur sorting system with em gets to big.

I don't know about this. This might really be big problem. Maybe forbid ItemSink module? Also, the manager seems to be almost same thing as logistic pipes. So I don't really think performance matters
here.

ralphgod3 wrote:
also redpower tubes are quite powerful with the new managers if u use em well.

Dunno. I still don't like how some tube machines require redstone pulses to work properly. And this create massive amount of client lag. Especially with big tube network.

Post Posted: Wed 20. Feb 2013, 00:06 

Silien wrote:
Ok, Gregorious said it is changable in config. I just checked them and there is nothing there. This might be mistake on my side. I thought it would be simpler change.

So it seems that it is changeable. But in newer version of GregTech than what we have installed now. But it doesn't matter much if we can't change Railcraft's values too. I was more bothered by most fuels being useless in GT machines, but generate massive amount of power in boiler/steam engines/turbines.

Post Posted: Wed 20. Feb 2013, 13:35 

from my side i would love logistic pipes atm i have realy problem to sort coal in 2 steve carts manager and 2 boilers from railcraft every solution i tried with rp tubes are causing coal bouncing every time
with logistic pipes i could easely make a network to send only if needed and they don't bounce every time

i might start my server and test the logistic pipes from lag i dont see a point wy the item sink module can cause more lag than the redtpower sorting system they check for free space and a viable target as well

Post Posted: Wed 20. Feb 2013, 13:48 

u might be happy with removing all gems but u should think some people do use the sonic screwdrivers
and u can craft turtles with the gem tools wich i usaly do to prevent huge loads of obsidian being mined up.

also about the tubes managers dont do it managers check the inventory of a manager wich is smaller then the inventory of lets say diamond chests so its les laggy also managers are very annoying to craft
even with project table there a pain to make.

i like the idea of ore veins alot but just not disabling the gems thats my opinion ofcourse.
now since ive played with gregtech for some time now gems usaly arent a problem the biggest thing u need for gregtech is platinum and titanium wich requires u to mine in snow and forrest biomes anyway
yes ferous has a higher chance to spawn in snow biomes i found.

yes filters and transposers require pulses thats also why u shoudnt use alot of em use sorting machines
relays and managers since they dont need em.

under the thing of item teleportation i ment if u remove enderchests u hinder people ur not letting em use all that mindcrack has to offer.
if u dont like it fine just dont use it.
i for example rely on about 20 enderchests al private ones for my sorting system so i dont need alot of tubes wich saves in client rendering and thus makes my base les laggy than it could be
also if u disable item teleportation absolutely noone wil ever set up a quarry in the mining age since
they cant get the items to their home.
i myself find dense ores already overpower and screwing over the ore distribution so i dont use it anyway but there are people who do.

and portal gun is just in the pack cus its a fun mod and since u need netherstars to make em its not terribly overpowerd and i do now u can find em in dungeons yes but u coud disable that

i just red ur post and im aware of the bouncing tho u can get rid of it by timing it well or making a loop with bc pipes.

the thing u just sed is also what would cause the lag since it does that check for every single item that goes tru whilst redpower checks when it gets like a color does it have inventory if yes it goes there if not it clogs up or goes to a misc chest if the chest loses inventory it wil not check again until the item actualy hits the inventory wich causes the bouncing by timing it well u can prevent it.

Board index » Machinecraft » Machinecraft