Register    Login    Search    FAQ
   Calendar

Board index » Machinecraft » Machinecraft

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Map Reset?
Poll ended at Wed 13. Mar 2013, 17:33
Yes, With new mods 42%  42%  [ 13 ]
Yes 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
No 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
No, but with new mods 48%  48%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 31

Post subject: Re: Map Reset Take 2 ;) + more Mods
 Post Posted: Fri 1. Mar 2013, 03:54 

I don't like the first 3, but have you guys looked at Bibliocraft? It looks really nice too. NetherOres is a good mod as well. The only one I would HATE to be added is MoCreatures. I can simply not use the conversions or EE3, but MoCreatures makes it much too difficult to find a *the* squid.

Also, aren't you guys having lag problems? MoCreatures won't help with that at all.

And why server restart?! Just add the mods, no new anything is generated for these mods. And even if it was, stuff it in the mining age and we should be fine. I'd be perfectly fine with Mining Age resets, I'd encourage them in fact. We can get our ore gen from there, and people who want to start new can nuke their stuff and move to the no rain age. It's not too difficult, the people who don't want resets are going to be shafted in this deal, while the people who do want resets could easily fix their problems by moving.

So, even if you do want a reset, I will ask for you to vote no. Is it easier for me to get all my stuff into the new world or for you to just nuke yours and move to a different area? I'm just getting started with automatic mining, and i've had tons of problems with constantly resetting servers, that's why I came here in the first place. I've never gotten to a MatterFab in FTB to this day, and that and all the mods I haven't gotten to yet were all I wanted to do.

Post subject:
  Posted: Fri 1. Mar 2013, 03:54 

Post Posted: Fri 1. Mar 2013, 04:28 

Honestly guys? What would a restart acomplish? "I want a restart so I can be the richest on the server" -Anonymous. This is not to attack you but, it seems like a selfish reason to restart. Playing minecraft compettivly may be fun for you, but have you thought of the others? They might not even know they are in your so called race to be the richest on the server. Play the game for you, not anyone else. Don't bring others down for your own selfish will. "There should be a restart because of the lagg at spawn, and the flux" -Anonymous. That is an irresponsible reason to restart a server also. If the server is lagging, a restart will not help that in the long run. Maybe the first copple of days will you notice the lagg is better, but machines will be rebuilt and the lagg will continue to happen. What will be your solution then? Another restart? If so, this is not the kind of envirerment we want to be in.

As for the mods go, the more we have, the more lagg we would have correct? I noticed we already have tps issues. That would just worsen the conditions of the server. Don't get me wrong, they seem fun and exciting. I just feel as though the server couldn't handel it as well as it does without the extra mods.
-Plasma

Post Posted: Fri 1. Mar 2013, 06:39 

I think the reason behind the restart has something to do with hardware issues and improve server performance. Last time Pebbi I remember wanted to tweak some RAM to work into the server and make it go faster that way. But the whole thing didn't work out and he spent 10 hours, if I recall correctly, trying to get the server back up.

Post Posted: Fri 1. Mar 2013, 11:30 

when people ask me every day : Give it a restart ??
i create a vote for a restart for me its not kind of matter if or if not
the tps issues are fixed atm to the nerf of chunkloaders ( tick time overworld dropped by 100ms and is mostly by 20 tps all day/ages now)

to add mods or not was an idea thats wy there are answers in the vote for no or yes and not only yes with mods or no with mods

everey day i hear:
man this lagg is annoying ! | lagg gone | man the nerf of chunkloaders bring me back to singleplayer i must stand afk to get some !

i want a restart | vote createt | man every 4 weeks a restart or wath??

i know everyone have his own desision but dont cry on both sides for everything
just write i dont want a restart/mods because that could ......../ i dont have get all a viable .....

and btw Jump if you suggest mods place a link to them in your tread i dont want to search for every mod someone post ;)

Post Posted: Fri 1. Mar 2013, 21:22 

Plasma wrote:
Honestly guys? What would a restart acomplish? "I want a restart so I can be the richest on the server" -Anonymous. This is not to attack you but, it seems like a selfish reason to restart. Playing minecraft compettivly may be fun for you, but have you thought of the others? They might not even know they are in your so called race to be the richest on the server. Play the game for you, not anyone else. Don't bring others down for your own selfish will. "There should be a restart because of the lagg at spawn, and the flux" -Anonymous. That is an irresponsible reason to restart a server also. If the server is lagging, a restart will not help that in the long run. Maybe the first copple of days will you notice the lagg is better, but machines will be rebuilt and the lagg will continue to happen. What will be your solution then? Another restart? If so, this is not the kind of envirerment we want to be in.

As for the mods go, the more we have, the more lagg we would have correct? I noticed we already have tps issues. That would just worsen the conditions of the server. Don't get me wrong, they seem fun and exciting. I just feel as though the server couldn't handel it as well as it does without the extra mods.
-Plasma

Yes.
Yes, yes, and yes.

@Eis
I wanted to make my rebuttal a bit longer, so people would read it and not brush it off. I want people to know exactly why I don't want any resets, as to not cause confusion. I don't want to say "I dont wanna reset cause i just got a sorting system." That seems selfish. I said I don't want a reset for multiple (and good) reasons, and I am trying to capture the attention of the reset-wanters.

Here's BiblioCraft, it's not a very game-breaking mod, but it could make everything a little nicer :D
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/168 ... -02222013/

Post Posted: Fri 1. Mar 2013, 22:53 

Blibliocraft it's what I've been looking for to make my walls look nicer. Also I support the removal of Traincraft I don't really use it and it looks buggy.

Post Posted: Sat 2. Mar 2013, 00:06 

Keep TrainCraft!

Traincraft steel, those Crude/Oil/Sands are really nice, and can provide one with oil.
Also, TRAINCRAFT STEEL is a STEAL!
How much worldgen does it have? 2 blocks. Zepplins are awesome though. Faster than a boat that can go over land and water, with 1 piece of coal per 2500 blocks? Yes.

...Did I mention TRAINCRAFT STEEL?

Post Posted: Sat 2. Mar 2013, 15:06 

"Crude/Oil/Sands are really nice, and can provide one with oil. "

thats right and my only use of traincraft
the steel production idk how it works

Post Posted: Sat 2. Mar 2013, 17:52 

And eis, if you made this spawn, good job!

If you didn't, don't add it to the server. I'd much rather it be a build that was created by a member on the server. Downloading a superawesome spawn would be cool, but it wouldn't feel like home, and I can't imagine me spending any time there, unless it was required. But if you made it yourself, I could spend time there, and I would go there just to check something out that's cool.

Post Posted: Sat 2. Mar 2013, 19:02 

i build on my server something similar the hole garden is to big for my pc to get in //paste
i will use the upper peace and build something own at ground around it, so its half me half someone idk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Machinecraft » Machinecraft