Register    Login    Search    FAQ
   Calendar

Board index » Machinecraft » Machinecraft

Post subject: Chunkloader updates
 Post Posted: Thu 28. Feb 2013, 19:41 

The chicken chunks loader dont load chunks all time from now on, laggs are to much
overworld ticktime dropped by 100ms after thay dont load all time

the railcraft loaders work fine, if the player is not online but the same will happen to them if
the ticktime/tps goes low because everyone changed the chunkloaders

Post subject:
  Posted: Thu 28. Feb 2013, 19:41 

Post subject: Re: Chunkloader updates
 Post Posted: Thu 28. Feb 2013, 20:01 

I don't like this change a lot. It might be the easiest way to increase ticks per second but for the price in enormous.

If i have to stay afk for the whole day it kills the idea of playing on a ftb server for me. It is like back to singleplayer, where you have to keep your pc running all the time and stay afk in the game.

I hope you will reconsider this decision.

Post Posted: Thu 28. Feb 2013, 20:04 

wy all your chunks must be loaded the hole day?
if you are not online nothing happen to your machines they don't loos steam/power

Post Posted: Thu 28. Feb 2013, 20:16 

Eisregen wrote:
wy all your chunks must be loaded the hole day?
if you are not online nothing happen to your machines they don't loos steam/power

The quarry will be still loaded and transferring items into ender chest. Unfortunately my retrieving station in my base won't be loaded in this time, so the chest will instantly fill up and nothing mined will go to my storage.

Besides that I am not a kind of player which can be online most of the time. I like to login for 30min, setup some time consuming production and come after work to play for 2-3h.

Making progress in the game in now a lot more time consuming and unfortunately I don't have so much time to spare.

Post Posted: Thu 28. Feb 2013, 20:26 

a runing quarry that dont have an emergency off switch if the drop chest/relay is full isent good at all
spiling items everywhere

and if you want place a anchor give him a few enderpearls and fine

its realy easy to set a gate system to cut off the power if something overflow
and your mj production isent runing as you are off so the quarry dont get mj except the energy production is in the chunk of the quarry

Post Posted: Sat 2. Mar 2013, 06:51 

Mindcrack was made for server use, with the assumption that chunks would be loaded.

It's very easy to see this with centrifuging things like platinum dust, uranium dust, and the fabrication of UU Matter. It's impossible to get UU Matter made in any reasonable speed in single player, and even if you leave it for a day, you'll only get 3 or 4 (huge in the beginning stages).

If you are going to do this "only online" thing, it's just Single Player. And some people don't want to have the configs edited to make it reasonable. So put them back but just monitor them. Enderpearls are about to be a huge nuisance for me and many others. Delete all the ones in the world, then place them for everyone. If people want to have chunks loaded while online, they can use the Personal Anchor. Especially with spot loaders, it can get annoying.

Post Posted: Sat 2. Mar 2013, 12:32 

jumpfight5 wrote:
Mindcrack was made for server use, with the assumption that chunks would be loaded.

It's very easy to see this with centrifuging things like platinum dust, uranium dust, and the fabrication of UU Matter. It's impossible to get UU Matter made in any reasonable speed in single player, and even if you leave it for a day, you'll only get 3 or 4 (huge in the beginning stages).

I think that is the point. If you want to make stuff faster, make more machines or give it more power. Connecting few solart to matterfab and letting it run for night is not way GT is supposed to be played. IMO. If you are only playing SMP because you want your stuff made while you are off, then I believe it is wrong. SMP is about playing MC with other people, cooperating or competing.

If only reason to play SMP is this, then install a server on your own PC and make it run whole day and night and don't bother other people with your laggy and inefficient machines.

Post Posted: Sat 2. Mar 2013, 19:14 

Silien wrote:

I think that is the point. If you want to make stuff faster, make more machines or give it more power. Connecting few solart to matterfab and letting it run for night is not way GT is supposed to be played. IMO. If you are only playing SMP because you want your stuff made while you are off, then I believe it is wrong. SMP is about playing MC with other people, cooperating or competing.

If only reason to play SMP is this, then install a server on your own PC and make it run whole day and night and don't bother other people with your laggy and inefficient machines.

i can only say : great

Board index » Machinecraft » Machinecraft